We require all requests for repairs to be lodged in writing. You can lodge repair request via our online maintenance request form or, use the provided maintenance/repair request forms which were given to you at the commencement of your tenancy. We also have forms on request in the office. Maintenance requests can be submitted via our website, by email, fax or post.
Emergency repairs are generally those that could cause injury to the tenant or damage to the property, and may include:
• a burst water service
• a faulty or not working water or septic pump
• a blocked or broken toilet system
• a serious roof leak
• a gas leak
• a dangerous electrical fault
• flooding or serious flood damage
• serious storm or fire damage
• a failure or breakdown of any essential service or appliance provided by your landlord or agent for hot water, water, cooking, heating, or laundering
• failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity, or water supply
• any fault or damage in the premises that makes the premises unsafe or insecure
• an appliance, fitting or fixture that is not working properly and causes a substantial amount of water to be wasted
AFTER HOURS EMERGENCY REPAIRS
Should an emergency repair be required after hours then you need to call the emergency contacts given to you at the time of sign up.
Please Note: It is always important to know the difference between an emergency or general repair. Getting this wrong may be costly to the tenant if the repair is conducted afterhours. More information on what constitutes emergency repairs can be found in the Consumer Affairs Tenancy Handbook.